Monday, September 6, 2010

So Long Summer, 2010...I won't miss you that much.


For the first time ever, I have no problem with summer being over. I'm actually incredibly happy to see it end, and a bunch of friends expressed similar feelings for varying reasons. It really does bum me out to be so negative about such a typically wonderful 2 months out of the year, but the past 2 months have been the most stressful, life altering of my life thus far in terms of health and career. Through all of it I've tried to smile through and find the positive, but sometimes positive is over rated, and you really just feel like jumping in the car, blasting Sigor Ros & crying hysterically. At the end of the day, we're just human. We show emotion, and often it is not positive. I think the positive comes in recognizing the negative, embracing it, and admitting to it - Admitting to the darkness, the depression. That's how we grow. That's how we become better people. I guess, this summer has been good for at least that. For forcing me to grow a bit more.

3 comments:

  1. And then a quiet winter comes and you feel yourself strangely missing those tumultuous times... I guess it's a part of life. Longing for what's just missing.
    It's a good feeling because it forces you to not be satisfied so easily. Keep on changing and trying things.

    Anyway. Check this out, it's the soundtrack of a cold sunset by the sea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGVa3VH2qqE

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Maxi, it's part of life. The cycle, the up & down.

    I like the soundtrack - thanks!

    ReplyDelete