Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well, it's...wait...what day is it?

Some mornings I wake up and lay in bed going through a barrage of questions and answers in my head before I get up. What happened last night? Drinks. What do I have to do today? Nothing, er...find a job. What month is it? October...which then leads me to what date it is...almost the 15th. That leads to noting when various bills are due to be paid, which leads to wondering how much money I have in my accounts, which brings me back to what I have to do today...find job. How old am I? 27. Damn. Twenty seven sometimes seems like the equivalent of 3:00pm...too early and also too late to begin anything.

So then...What day is it? It's Tuesday. When you're unemployed you actually want it to stay early on in the week so you feel like you still have time to accomplish something. Tuesday is suddenly better than Thursday because perhaps on Wednesday whatever you began to attempt to accomplish on Monday might produce results. TGIF suddenly stands for Thank God I File (again...on Monday)! Funny how that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment